Business Analyst (Canberra office)
AlphaBeta is a leading strategy and economics consultancy with offices in Sydney, Canberra and Singapore.
Our team of advisors are experts in strategy and economics. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors to combine structured problem-solving, innovative data analysis and our first-hand experience of reforms to develop new insights and actionable strategies to create prosperity and wellbeing.
We hire talented and driven individuals at a variety of levels of experience across our different locations. We offer a unique development environment, a broad set of work opportunities, and a strong values-driven culture.
ΑlphaBeta is committed to solving the world’s most important challenges. Our clients have included ASX Top 10 and top multinational companies such as Google; state, national and international governments including the ASEAN economic community; and large non-profits such as the Gates Foundation and the World Economic Forum.
ΑlphaBeta Advisors is currently recruiting for a Business Analyst for its Canberra Office. Our Canberra office is located in Yarralumla, close to client offices, transport, and cafes.
As a Business Analyst, you will be an integral part of the firm and work on project teams that serve a range of corporate, government and non-profit clients. You will play a key role in the project team and its problem solving process: applying your data analytics skills, policy and / or economics knowledge, drafting client reports and presenting at client meetings. You will enjoy working in a high-performing, small team environment and applying economics insights to our clients’ strategic problems.
Our firm is committed to your professional development and to building your core competencies in:
- Problem solving: Developing high impact solutions for clients
- Knowledge development: Providing deep and relevant insights into economics issues for clients
- Client leadership: Building enduring, trust-based relationships with clients
- Entrepreneurship: Looking for new opportunities for client impact
- People leadership: Strong teamwork and inspiring others
- Values leadership: Demonstrating strong ethics and partnerships
AlphaBeta looks for candidates who are intellectually curious and have an outstanding track record. This role would be ideal for candidates who want to work on the most interesting challenges in the private and public sectors. We hire people from a range of backgrounds, including economics, policy and data science, to form multi-disciplinary teams.
We welcome applications from high performing, motivated problem solvers who want to launch their career in consulting.
- Strong academic record in an undergraduate Bachelor degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A passion for problem solving and interest in business, economics and public policy problems
- Leadership potential, as demonstrated through work experience or extracurricular activities
- Undergraduate Bachelors degree in relevant field, including Economics, Finance, Politics or Computer Science
- Work Experience
- Open to final year students and recent graduates (0-2 years’ post graduation experience)
- The application process comprises your initial application and a formal interview process involving case studies
- Your initial application should include:
- 1 page covering letter addressing your interest in the firm and responses to the essential skills
- Short resume (maximum of 2 pages)
- University transcript
- Please address all communication, including applications to email@example.com
- Applications are due by 1 December 2017
- We will provide a receipt of application notification by email but, due to the volume of applicants, will only contact you in the event that you proceed to the formal interview process