Associate (Canberra office)
AlphaBeta Advisors is currently recruiting an Associate for its Canberra office. Our Canberra office is located in Yarralumla, close to client offices, transport, and cafes.
As an Associate, you will lead a key portion of a consulting project, have direct contact with senior clients and work independently. Your tasks could include identifying issues, forming hypotheses, planning and conducting interviews, undertaking data analysis, developing conclusions into recommendations and helping to implement change. We will provide extensive training to help you build core consulting skills. As a successful Senior Consultant, you will quickly assume broader responsibilities and transition to a Project Leader role.
Our firm is committed to your professional development and to building your core competencies in:
- Problem solving: Developing high impact solutions for clients
- Knowledge development: Providing deep and relevant insights into economics issues with clients
- Client leadership: Building enduring, trust-based relationships with clients
- Entrepreneurship: Looking for new opportunities for client impact
- People leadership: Strong teamwork and inspiring others
- Values leadership: Demonstrating strong ethics and partnerships
AlphaBeta looks for candidates who are intellectually curious and have an outstanding track record. This role would be ideal for candidates who want to work on the most interesting challenges in the private and public sectors.
We welcome applications from high performing, motivated problem solvers who want to launch their career in consulting.
- A post-graduate degree (eg MBA, Masters, PhD) with a strong academic record
- At least 3 years of prior work experience (preferably in management consulting or public policy)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong problems solving and analytical skills
- Experience in client or stakeholder management
- Background in economics
- Experience in data analysis and applied quantitative work
- The application process comprises of your initial application and a formal interview process involving case studies
- Your initial application should include:
- 1 page covering letter addressing your interest in the firm and responses to the essential skills
- Short resume (maximum of 2 pages)
- University transcript
- Please address all communication, including applications to email@example.com
- Applications are due by 15 December 2017
- We will provide a receipt of application notification by email but, due to the volume of applicants, will only contact you in the event that you proceed to the formal interview process